What is the University of Virginia Sustainable Food Collaboartive?
Formed in 2016 as part of the UVA 2016-2020 Sustainability Plan, the UVA Sustainable Food Collaborative—formerly known as Sustainable Food Strategy Task Force—is a group under UVA Sustainability's Environmental Stewardship Subcommittee that bridges a diverse array of organizations within UVA and the surrounding community to further food sustainability, food justice, and food equity at the University and in Charlottesville.
Who is on the Collaborative?
- UVA Faculty:
- Tanya Denckla Cobb (Institute for Engagement & Negotiation)
- Paul Freedman (Department of Politics)
- UVA Offices:
- Andrea Trimble, Samantha Kelly, Dana Schroeder, Erika Herz (Office for Sustainability)
- Melanie Brede (Office of Health Promotion)
- Wynne Stuart (Office for the Executive Vice President and Provost)
- Corey DiLuciano (Health System Committee on Sustainability)
- Darryl Rudge, Caroline Baloga, Sarah Gordon (Aramark - UVA Dine)
- Kristin Floyd (UVAFinance)
- UVA Programs and Projects:
- Sarah Medley, Barbara Brown Wilson, Ben Allen (UVA Equity Center)
- Lauren Parker (Virginia Humanities)
- Rebecca Deeds (Morven Kitchen Garden)
- Community Organizations:
- Emily Turner (4P Foods)
- Laura Brown (Local Food Hub)
- Jeanette Abi-Nader (Cultivate Charlottesville)
- French Price (Virginia Cooperative Extension)
- Lilia Fuquen (Lilia Fuquen LLC)